Friday, May 26, 2006

Off The Car

Well yesterday was my last rota’d shift on the FRU.  I go back to working on an ambulance next week.  I’m looking forward to it – to be honest, I’m ready to come off the car.  I don’t know how some staff can work on it for years.  Having said that, I am going to be doing some overtime shifts on it.

I had hoped to have some good calls to write about from my last week, but apart from the young lady knocked off her cycle, I haven’t done anything worth mentioning.  I’ve run on loads of jobs, but been cancelled before I’ve got there either because there was another vehicle nearer to the call, or the call was downgraded.

Yesterday, I did manage to see one patient – I ran on nine calls, but was cancelled off eight of them!

It was to a woman in her thirties who had fainted after finding her house on fire.  She’d recovered by the time I got there, so I did a few obs for the paperwork, handed over to the crew and left.

Still, I managed to finish reading my book…..

2 Comments:

Blogger darling said...

Hi, just wanted to stop by and say Thank You for the work that you do. I dont think people are appreciated enough. Cheers

4:26 pm  
Blogger PJ said...

Steve, for the ignorant Americans like me, can you explain what FRU means and what you mean by "working on the car"? I promise I'l explain any American phrase I can. Thanks.

8:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home