Thursday, December 06, 2007

Update

I haven't posted for ages, I know. Sorry about that, but I've had my head in the books studying for my Paramedic Pre-entry Assessments.

I passed.

I just have to wait for a date for my Paramedic course. However, I did come away from the day with a ton of books, as we have to self teach the first module, with the exam on the very first day of the course.

I've had some e-mails asking about Tom - he's fine and back at work. The police haven't caught the little buggers that did it, and he has to pay an absolute fortune to have a tooth implant fitted, but he is in good spirits.

I should now be able to post regularly again - until I get on my paramedic course. Then I'll probably be spending every waking moment with my head in the books again.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like we might need a new blog name soon!

9:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
How long does the course take?

3:01 pm  
Blogger Steve said...

The course itself is 8 weeks:

2 weeks in the classroom, 2 weeks on the road, then 6 more weeks in the classroom.

After that is the hospital placement (another 5 weeks or so) to get cannulation (putting a needle in a vein) and intubation (putting a tube down the trachea) signed off by doctors.

4:53 pm  
Blogger Mart said...

Congratulations on getting on a course, I am on a course (with EMAS) now, but it is dragging on and on, we are doing it on the basis of one week classroom, then 4weeks back on our lines on the road.


Which module are you expected to self study and then be examined on?

10:57 pm  
Blogger caramaena said...

Congrats on passing :)

7:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on passing Steve
All the best
Joan

5:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Horah!! Finally they realised that we need to develop the best ones we already got!! Hearty congratulations - now we just need you reassigned to the West!!!!!!!

2:46 pm  
Blogger Steve said...

Mart

We're expected to self teach the first module - module G. When we turn up on the Sunday night, book in to the hotel, then it's off down the training centre for the exam.

9:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home