Friday, September 12, 2008

New Crewmate

I knew it would be all change after I'd finished my paramedic course. I finished my last mentoring shift with Barry this morning. I'm now on relief for two weeks, then I'm going on a different line at my current station to work with a young lady. I've worked with her a few times when she was on relief and we seem to get on ok, so I'm looking forward to it.

The only hiccup is that the IHCD have messed up my certificate by putting the wrong date on it and it's had to be sent back, so I can't register as a Paramedic yet. This means that until it comes through, I can only work as a Paramedic if I'm working with another Paramedic. The rest of the time I'll have to work as an EMT until I can register.

Hopefully it'll all be sorted soon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, ive just stumbled on your blog and i think its amazing. Im currently taking my a-levels and hope to do a full time course in paramedic science but worried i wont be able to cope with things. Were you scared at first and worried you wouldnt be able to handle things? It would really help me to know whether im being a wimp or not! Thanks =]

7:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey jess i am a student para up in the north east, of course you are scared when you first go on the road but its def the best job i have ever done. Just about to start my 2nd year next week, we do a week on the road and a week at uni. The 1st year was hard, we do 9 weeks at uni to start with (basically a tech course) then we work as a crew for 9 months, loads of essays to do but its worth it

10:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, thanks alot "anonymous". =]

5:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home