Saturday, July 19, 2008

Do I Need A New Blog Title?

So the course has drawn to an end, all the exams and practical assessments have been completed, and the question on your lips is:

"Did he pass?"

Well.....

Yes!

I start my hospital placement on Monday. I'm there for four weeks to get signed off on LMAs and intubations (sticking tubes down throats and managing the airway) on real people, not just plastic manikins, and also to get signed off on cannulating people, and putting up bags of fluids etc.

Once I've done all that, I can register with the Health Professions Council and then I can start practising as a Paramedic on my own. Until my registration comes through, I can still practise as a Paramedic, but I have to be directly supervised by registered Paramedic.

Does that make sense?

So I need to start thinking about a new blog name, and here's where I throw it open to you, dear reader.

There is always the option of simply changing it to "The World Through The Eyes Of A Paramedic", but I am open to other ideas.

Good luck to the new course which starts tomorrow - don't worry if you don't pass the Mod G exam first time - half my course failed it first time round but all got through on the resit (including me!)

14 Comments:

Blogger Lyoness in NYC said...

I don't know if you see comments on your LJ syndication (http://syndicated.livejournal.com/eyesofanemt/64471.html#comments), but...

Congratulations! And I don't know about London, but here in NY, you're still an EMT. You've simply graduated to being an EMTP!

9:49 pm  
Blogger Joe said...

Congratulations, and good luck with your hospital placement. Which hospital will you be at?

1:27 am  
Blogger caramaena said...

Congratulations!!

11:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Looking forward to hearing about your exploits in your new role...

9:30 am  
Blogger Shade said...

Congrats on passing! As for a name-change, well changing EMT to paramedic may not be most original, but it works and it doesn't confuse us with a totally new name!

11:39 am  
Blogger Jo said...

Congratulations! I hope that the placement goes well :-)

1:19 pm  
Blogger Glowstars said...

Congratulations - no idea on a new blog name though.

3:02 pm  
Blogger Sam Tyler said...

I think you should change it to "The wrold through the eyes of an EMT who is now a paramedic"

or maybe not!

Congratulations, next time I see you round my area you'll only have one word on your shoulders :)

Tyler

3:12 pm  
Blogger Steve said...

Joe,

I can't say which hospital I'm at, because it would stop me from posting about what happens there due to patient confidentiality. This way, if anyone recognises whoever or whatever I write about, then it'll only be because they've been directly involved.

Hope you understand

7:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The world through the eyes of a hotel (might get a different readership!)

The world through the eyes of a Paramedic Unleashed (might get pet lovers as a readership)

The world through the eyes of someone EOC can send to maternities (Not catchy I grant you)

The world through the eyes of someone FRED and FREDA are gonna hunt down till they explode (bit long winded even though it's true)

The world through the eyes of a morphine supplier (again - wrong clientel)

The world through the eyes of an offical Health Care Professional (so boring I fell asleep writing it)

The world through the eyes of Z401H (most people won't get that one!!)

The world through the eyes of - my bags bigger than your bag (too show offy???)

Or simply The world through the eyes of a Paramedic!! (Have to agree with emily t on that one - I kept my name change simple as well and it seemed to work)

2:39 pm  
Blogger Steve said...

Beaker, you really have had too much time on your hands lately haven't you? Some of your suggestions seem to suggest that your medication is still a little strong! lol

I think it may well change to The World Through The Eyes Of A Paramedic

6:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been off work for 8 weeks with still another 5 weeks to go - of course I have too much time on my hands!! I'm bored rigid!! At least I came up with some suggestions - I see no one else managed it!!

6:43 pm  
Blogger Steve said...

Very true, and I thank you.

7:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I know it's a bit late, but just managed to back on-line and find the good news. Glad you kept the blog name-change simple as, as Emily T says, it doesn't confuse us or our computers!! Congratulations again.

10:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home