Monday, November 13, 2006

Good News & Possibly Bad News

It's been a week of mainly good news for me, but there may be a cloud on the horizon.

It's been confirmed that I will be "TSing" a crew when they finish their initial technician training in three weeks time. TS stands for "Training Supervisor", which means I will supervise, guide and debrief them on every call they attend in their first 5 weeks on the road.

This will be my first time TSing, and I'm very much looking forward to this, as I hope to learn lots as well as help the "newbies" to develop their practical skills. I hope they're nice and are willing to learn.

The other bit of "good" news is that I'm going back on the FRU as soon as I finish the TSing. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy working with my crewmate and we have a laugh, but the rota is rubbish, and as I've said before, the station is quieter than I'm used to. Going back on the car means I'll be working in the area I'm more familiar with and hopefully a higher rate of calls.

There is potentially bad news though - I've got to go and see the training officer about my latest paramedic application. Apparently there's a problem, and I'm stealing myself to be told that I can't be put forward for the pre-course assessments.

Still, I might be wrong - I'll find out tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck for the last bit Steve - hope it goes ok!

12:10 am  
Blogger Patrick said...

What's the difference in pay between basic and paramedic there?

2:01 am  
Blogger caramaena said...

Good luck with the paramedic application thing.

11:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home